To paraphrase the legendary Sun Tzu, 'a battle is won through proper preparation long before it has been fought'. HEDIS Hybrid projects are no different. Although the 'battle' cannot be avoided, ensuring victory is very much possible.
As the stakes get bigger for HEDIS® projects every year, including for MRR or HEDIS Hybrid projects, complete and adequate planning and preparation are becoming imperative. HDVI has put together a checklist and a set of activities for these preparation tasks for its clients. All these preparation tasks should be completed no later than Decmeber 2012 Some of the highlights include:
- Ensure early vendor NCQA certification
- Completion of HEDIS Certified Vendor software implementations
- Completion of NCQA Roadmap with vendor and auditor
- Early sample selection for pediatric measures
- Team approach between plan and vendors to ensure Hybrid sample data sets are completely correct the first time
- Ensure provider data quality and mapping are accurate
- Test all interfaces between certified and MRR vendor software by December 2012
- Spot-test provider and member data in MRR system to ensure data quality
- Test and fix admin data issues
- Solid roadmap, dedicated roles and vendor system features to perform proper vendor oversight for MRR.
To learn move about how HDVI supports customers with these and other critical aspects of MRR projects, contact us here.